Have you also been in a situation, where you have regretted for not controlling your anger in a heated conversation with someone? And apologized later?
It is normal for human being to express their anger because it is one of their emotions. It is healthy for you to let out what’s in your mind. But what is important is the control you should have over your anger.
Anger and managing anger are two different things. Anger is one of your reactions to a situation that you don’t like. And when this anger goes to the extreme, here is where it’s important to have control over it. Otherwise, it pushes you to take action and you practice it verbally and physically.
For example, you are going up on a street and you see the stray animals being abused. You didn’t like it and you felt angry. Excessive anger would be that you use physical actions against that person first and do not talk to him for once to make him understand. Not being able to manage your anger is not healthy for physical and mental health.
If you also think that you are experiencing this situation, then continue to read and find out some of the signs which help to signify that you need counselling for your anger management:
- Blaming others: Have you also started putting all the blames for your mistakes on someone else head. And then fell angry. But in reality, you are an equal contributor to the situation you are in. Often people are not angry because they are in a problem. They are angry because they think someone else has pushed them into the problem. But it is all the game of how you interpret the situation for yourself. If you are also experiencing bad relationships, and poor performance at the office then this is a sign that you should take emotional counselling.
- Passive Aggressiveness: When a person is not able to manage his anger it’s not just the physical action he takes or he shows anger verbally. This can be experienced much later, but an early sign of this is passive-aggressiveness. It can be elaborated by the change in behaviour of a person towards others like acting mean, talking sarcastically every time, and being apathetic.
- Emotional outburst: We are humans and not everyone is the same. There can be a difference of opinion for everyone. And with this difference arises the conflict in the situation. In a conflict, a normal person is expected to keep his opinion and point calmly and listen to another party also. But if you are one who is dealing with anger issues you end up responding emotionally. Some of the ways a person responds emotionally are getting sad, starting crying, feeling guilty and getting anxious.
- Physical actions: This is one of the common signs that every other person is well aware of. During the situation of anger, they are not able to control their emotions and respond physically. Some of the signs of physical actions are raising their voice, talking sarcastic, rubbing their forehead, and hurting themselves or other people. Most commonly this is the sign that people realise that yes something needs to be done about the anger.
- Substance Abuse: Often people who are not able to manage their anger try to numb their emotions. And take the help of the substances like drugs and alcohol. But this is not the solution. And will only contribute to the situation negatively. If you are also experiencing this stop using the substance and try the right way which is emotional counselling at Curo Minds.
- Your anger lasts for too long: Do you also find it difficult to let go of things easily. This could be one of the signs that you are not able to manage your anger. For example, if something bad happened at the starting of the day and then you went office for the whole day you were just raving about the problem and could not focus on your work. This can be draining mentally and physically also.
- Isolation and self-harm: Sometimes people are not able to express their anger outwards. Due to this they start isolating themselves and affect their health inwards. They stop talking to other people and this affects them mentally and physically also. If you also feel the same, then don’t hesitate to talk to our experts at the best counselling in Jaipur, Curo Minds.
Often people think that there is no possible way to manage your anger issue. But there it can be managed by therapy and online counselling. Don’t hesitate to solve the problem that troubles you. Get help from our counsellors at Curo Minds.